Shell Advert - New Life to the Land - Tractor Oil (1951) - Harold Hussey - Framed Picture - 11"H x 14"W
Shell Advert - New Life to the Land- Tractor Oil (1951) - Harold Hussey - Framed Picture - 11"H x 14"W
NB. The Original advert was used in 1951, and designed by Harold Hussey
Created by the merger of Royal Dutch Petroleum and UK-based Shell Transport & Trading in 1907, in a move largely driven by the need to compete globally with Standard Oil. It is now the seventh largest company in the world as of 2016, in terms of revenue, and one of the six oil and gas "supermajors".
During the First World War, Shell was the main supplier of fuel to the British Expeditionary Force. It was also the sole supplier of aviation fuel and supplied 80 percent of the British Army's TNT. It also volunteered all of its shipping to the British Admiralty.